This page lists all of the things that I am currently working on right now, in no particular order.
Currently living in a small town in the United Kingdom.
CEO @ Open Commit – Code Review as a Service platform for developers
I’m mentoring high-potential individuals through MentorCruise in technology and business.
I am also an editor at Maker Mag, a publication dedicated to maker culture and stories, as well as a contributing writer.
Finally, I am a publicly traded person at www.jamesg.app. I sell shares in myself in exchange for the ability to vote on decisions in my life.
Here are some of the biggest trends in my current thinking:
- Publicly traded people
- Personal boards and human capital
- Alternative investment classes
- Equity crowdfunding
- Venture capital
- Onion and honey futures
- Presidential by The Washington Post
- Constitutional by The Washington Post
- Planet Money by NPR
- Serial by This American Life
- The Indicator by NPR’s Planet Money
- The Pessimists Archive Podcast
- Product Hunt Radio
- Equity by TechCrunch
- Robinhood Snacks by Robinhood
- The Twenty Minute VC by Harry Stebbings
- Venture Stories by Village Global
- StartUp by Gimlet Media
- How I Built This by Guy Raz
Reach out to me
For a quick informal chat, reach out on Twitter @jamesg_oca. Email is preferred for longer things or to schedule meetings at james [at] opencommit.com.
Here are some of the most recent press articles about me:
“This Startup Uncovers The World’s Hidden Geniuses To Solve Global Problems” – Forbes
“Winners of the 2018 Golden Kitty Awards are revealed” (honorable mention) – Product Hunt
“Pioneer Interview: James Gallagher” – Pioneer
March 30, 2019